New or Transfer VA Students

To use your Veterans Affairs (VA) education benefits, you must apply for admission and enroll in classes at FSCC. Then you must be certified by the VA Certifying Official in the Financial Aid Office of the Fort Scott campus.

Follow these steps if you are a NEW or TRANSFER student:

  1. Apply to the VA to establish your eligibility for education benefits. Once the VA has processed your application, a Certificate of Eligibility will be sent to you by the VA. This is your official notification that you are eligible to use your benefits.
  2. Apply for admission and enroll in classed at FSCC. The VA will only pay for approved degree/certificate programs.
  3. Once you are enrolled in classes, submit the following forms to the FSCC VA Certifying Official for enrollment certification:
    • Request For Enrollment Certification
    • Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from VA
    • Any previous College or Technical School Official Transcripts
    • Official High School Transcript

Forms may be mailed, scanned and emailed, or faxed to the FSCC Financial Aid Office at the following:

FSCC Financial Aid Office


Address: 2108 S. Horton, Fort Scott, KS 66701

FAX: 620-768-2938

Your course schedule will be reviewed to ensure that your classes are required for your FSCC degree/certificate objective.


Contact Information