Petition to Graduate
Petition to Graduate
All students must petition to graduate during the semester of graduation by completing the Petition to Graduate form.
Students must consult with their advisor, complete a degree audit, and electronically submit the petition to graduate form to the Registrar. Students must pay the appropriate graduation fees.
It is important to begin this process early in the semester you plan to graduate. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all paperwork is completed by the appropriate deadline as shown below. It is your responsibility to make sure the completed Petition to Graduate form is submitted to the Registrar’s Office by the appropriate deadline.
|I plan to graduate in:
|Petition to Graduate form due by:
- FSCC Registrar’s Office will make the final determination in accepting your education credits.
- You must meet ALL the requirements as listed in the catalog year for your degree.
- Your diploma will be mailed to the Diploma Address as provided on your Petition to Graduate form. If you have any address changes, it is your responsibility to notify the Registrar’s Office.
- All students graduating from FSCC must have completed a minimum of 15 credit hours from FSCC and must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
Steps to Complete
- Complete the Petition to Graduate form. This is required to have your degree/certificate posted to your transcript and in order to receive your diploma.This form must be filled out.
- Consult with your advisor to have a degree audit performed to ensure you meet all requirements for your degree or certificate.
- Check your GIZMO account to ensure the non-refundable $50 graduation fee has been applied to your account. If the charge is not listed on your account please make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office by calling 620-223-2700 ext. 5090.
- Sign up to take your Exit Exam. All degree and certificate-seeking students are required to complete the Exit Exam prior to graduation. Students receiving an Associate in Applied Science Degree or Certificate will take the WorkKeys Assessment. The WorkReady certificate is based on the nationally recognized certification from ACT WorkKeys verifying to employers a student’s skills. Students receiving an Associate in Arts, Associate in General Studies, or an Associate in Science Degree will take the ETS Proficiency Profile test. The ETS Proficiency Profile test allows FSCC to measure, evaluate and enhance student learning outcomes as well as General Education Outcomes.