Advising – Transfers

Listed below are links to the transfer admissions webpages of eight different universities. Take the opportunity to compare the institutions in the area and their requirements for admission for transfer students. If you have any questions, please feel free to call an FSCC Advisor at 620-223-2700, ext. 3630.

Course Transfer

There is a growing list of courses approved by the Kansas Board of Regents for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions. From College Algebra and English Composition I & II, and from Public Speaking to Art History I & II, a student who completes a course listed as a guaranteed transfer course at any Kansas public community college, technical college, or university can be certain that he or she can transfer that course to any other Kansas public institution in pursuit of a degree or credential. Visit the Kansas Board of Regents Transfer and Articulation webpage for more information.

Credit for Prior Learning Policy

AP Scores Chart

Reverse Transfer

Reverse Transfer allows students to receive their associate degree from their most recent community college or technical college by combining the credits they earned there and the credits they earn after transferring to a Kansas public university.

Within their first year, if the student transfers coursework from a community college or technical college to a public university, they will be notified if they are eligible to be considered for Reverse Transfer. Students are eligible if they have completed 45 credit hours at one or more colleges and if they consent to the release of their academic records. If they consent (also known as “opting in”) their academic records will be evaluated for degree completion and their degree will be conferred based upon a satisfactory evaluation.

Kansas Universities

If you are interested in transferring to a private or out-of-state institution, please be aware that course transfers may be made on a case-by-case basis.

Contact Information

FSCC Advising Office
620-223-2700, ext. 3630