Advising - Transfers

Listed below are links to respective universities' transfer admissions webpage. Take an opportunity to compare eight different institutions in the area and their requirements for admission for transfer students. If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by and speak with a Counselor

Course Transfer

There is a growing list of courses approved by the Kansas Board of Regents for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions. From College Algebra and English Composition I & II, to Public Speaking and Art History I & II, a student who completes a course listed as a guaranteed transfer course at any Kansas public community college, technical college, or university can be certain that he or she can transfer that course to any other Kansas public institution in pursuit of a degree or credential.

Reverse Transfer

Students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees. Within a student's first semester, those who transfer coursework from a public university, community college or technical college will be notified if they are eligible to be considered for reverse transfer degree status, and which courses are needed to finish the related degree. Students who then complete the coursework for a given associate degree will be eligible to receive that degree, administered automatically by correspondence between the new institution and the university, community college or technical college the student last attended.

Visit or one of the following websites for more information:

State of Kansas Universities

If you are interested in transferring to a private or out-of-the-state institution, please be aware that course transfers may be made on a case-by-case basis.

State of Missouri Universities

Page Tags: