Gmail is the College’s student email system. FSCC students may access their Gmail accounts over the Internet or via an email access program (client).
Checking Email via the Internet
Student's are assigned FSCC email account after their application has been processed. You can find your FSCC email address by logging into GIZMO. Your FSCC email address is listed with your personal information at the top of the page.
You can check your FSCC email account via the Internet. Supported browsers are Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Google Chrome.
To check your email via the Internet
- Visit the Student Portal and select Student Email or go to www.gmail.com.
- Type your full email address in the Username field.
- Type your password in the Password field. Your password is what you selected when completing the online application.
- Click Sign In.
Changing Email Passwords
If you are unsure of your email password you may contact the Advising Office at 620-223-2700 ext. 3630 to have your password reset.
Configuring Mobile Devices (iOS and Android)
To check your email on a mobile device, you will first have to allow IMAP connections to your email account.
Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
Students who choose to retrieve their FSCC email messages via an iOS device (iPhone, iTouch, and iPad) must follow the steps below.
To configure the 'Mail' app on an Apple device for access to Gmail, just follow these steps:
- Make sure you've enabled IMAP in your main Gmail settings (instructions above).
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account...
- Tap Gmail.
- Enter your account information, being sure to use your full Gmail address.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Save.
Students who choose to retrieve their FSCC email messages via an Android device must follow the steps below.
To configure the 'Email' app on an Android device for access to Gmail, just follow the steps below:
- Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings (instructions above).
- Open the Email application.
- Tap Menu and then Settings.
- In the top corner, Accounts select Next to get started with setup.
- Enter your full Gmail address and password, then select Next.
- On the next screen, you can give the account a nickname and choose the name to display on your outgoing messages.
- Tap Done.
And you're done. You can verify your settings from the Inbox view by tapping Menu, select Account and then scroll to Server settings.
- IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
- Port: 993
- Security type SSL (always)
- SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 465
- Security type: SSL (always)
NOTE: There is not a standard set of steps to get to the email account setup screen due to customization of the Android software made by the cell phone providers, but the directions above should work on the vast majority of Android phones.
If you have any further issues with logging into your Email, please contact Advising at 620-223-2700 ext. 3630.