Our Mission: The purpose of the Endowment Association is to facilitate and encourage gifts to Fort Scott Community College in support of the college mission. It is private support that provides the margin of excellence in college programs.
Established in 1975, the Endowment Association functions as a non-profit, educational corporation. From modest beginnings, the Endowment Association, under the direction of a board of directors, now provides significant assistance to the college in the form of scholarships. In addition, at the request of a donor, gifts may be used for special projects.
Thanks to the generosity of many donors, the Endowment Fund is valued at more than $6 million. Great support has been received through the planned giving program. Due to contributions to the Endowment Association, Fort Scott Community College will remain a vibrant, responsive, full-service institution, fully capable of fulfilling its mission.
Current Endowment Association Projects
- Awarding of more than $225,000 in scholarships annually (2022-2023)
- Hosting the annual Endowed Scholarship Dinner
- Helped in the expansion of Bailey Hall thanks to the generous donations from Robert and Sylvia Bailey (2022)
- Executed the new scholarship awarding process (2022)
- Executed the new partnership with KEY Industries, Inc. (2022)
- Hosted Annual Gala (2022)