** Fall Enrollment will open at 1:00pm, Tuesday, April 21. Students can schedule an appointment for enrollment with Advising at 620-223-2700 ext. 3630.

FSCC Truck Driving Financial Opportunities

Unemployed or low income: If you were laid off from your job, or you work for minimum wage, you may be eligible for funding through your state employment office. In Kansas ask for the WIA (Workforce Investment Act) representative. In some cases you can draw your unemployment while attending the program. In the Kansas City, Mo., area, check with Full Employment Council (FEC). In other parts of Missouri, check with nearest Missouri Career Center.

Dislocated Worker: If your job has moved and you can no longer work there; you may be eligible for funding under the Dislocated Workers Program. Check with the nearest state employment office.

Disability: If you have a disability that doesn't impede your driving skills and you are able to work, ask your counselor about funding your trucking education.

Veterans: If you are a veteran you may be eligible under the G.I. Bill. Check with a VA counselor for funding. We are approved for funding through the VA. If you are the son or daughter of a retired veteran you may be eligible for funding as well.

Disabled Veterans and their Dependents: Disabled veterans and their sons or daughters may also eligible for training funds. Check with a Veterans Administration Representative.

SRS or Welfare Recipients: In many cases those who are drawing assistance from their state will also qualify for training funds. Check with your counselor for information and eligibility requirements.

Native Americans: If you are of Native American heritage check with your Tribal representatives to see if you are eligible for funding.

Church Groups: If you are a member of a church check with them to see if they have a program to fund education or job training.

Personal Finance: Most of the big trucking companies have a tuition reimbursement program. You could borrow the money from a bank, credit union, friend or relative and have the trucking company send the reimbursement directly to them.

Partial payment: You can pay half the amount due on the first day of class and pay the remainder at the start of the third week of a six-week program. If you are in a twelve week program you pay the remainder at the start of the eighth week.

Farm Owners or Farm Workers: If you currently own a farm and have decided to change careers you may be eligible for training funds that will pay for the trucking school. Call us for details.

If none of the above options apply to you please call us so we can tell you about any company paid training programs that are currently available. We can be reached at 800-874-3722. Ask for the Transportation Dept.

Page Last Updated On 1/16/2012