Fort Scott Community College Vision Statement
FSCC’s vision for the future is to support “Students First, Community Always” through a central focus on teaching and learning, advancing strong, innovative programs and departments; maximizing and leveraging opportunities; initiating efficient and effective processes; developing the region’s workforce.
Fort Scott Community College Mission Statement
Fort Scott Community College is a comprehensive community college committed to meeting the needs of all students and the communities it serves. The College fosters a caring community of learners preparing to assume responsibility in a diverse and technologically advancing society.
Fort Scott Community College fulfills its mission through the following goals:
- Provide affordable academic, technical and occupational curricula to meet student needs, leading to seamless transfer and employment.
- Provide lifelong learning opportunities to fulfill the cultural and educational desires of the community.
- Provide students professional guidance and services which support the educational process.
- Retain and graduate students through use of appropriate intervention strategies.
- Provide students and the community with opportunities for leadership development, physical improvement and social growth.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence through the ongoing process of evaluation, development, and effective use of current human, financial, physical and institutional resources.
- Provide focus and direction through the Strategic Planning Process.
- Attract, retain and motivate qualified personnel.
- Foster a mutually supportive relationship between the college and the community.
- Demonstrate integrity in all practices and relationships.