Fort Scott Community College is a great place to launch your study in the fields of physics. Students who plan to pursue a terminal degree in the physics field can complete the first and second years at FSCC and then transfer to a university to finish the degree requirement in their chosen fields.
Reasons why FSCC is a great place to start your higher education in the physics field:
- Physics and engineering courses, when successfully completed at FSCC, are fully transferable and counted towards the student's major at the other universities (prospective physics and engineering students are encouraged to contact the FSCC Physics Department for course enrollment recommendations).
- High quality education is a standard at FSCC.
- State-of-the-art Physics laboratory equipment.
- The cost of obtaining an education at FSCC is relatively low compared to other colleges and universities.
- Small class sizes.
- Instructors are available to help students.
- Fort Scott is a friendly and safe community.
Students interested in learning more should contact Elie Riachi, FSCC Physics Instructor, at (620) 223-2700 ext. 3250.